200-Hour Yoga Teacher-Training Dates:
Open House August 23 6-7:30pm
Training days meet 9-6pm, lunch is from 1-2.
April 24-25 (graduation)
(snow make-up dates May 15-16)
200-hour Curriculum includes:
- In-depth training in different Yoga techniques including how to safely and effectively teach and practice asanas (poses), pranayama (Yoga breathing), meditation, & chanting. Introductions to Ayurveda, Restorative Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, and other special populations will be given.
- Teaching Methodology gives the principles of instructing students including skills such as observing, demonstrating, assisting, adjusting, sequencing, and prop use; how to instruct students effectively with your words; also some time will be given to the business and legal aspects of teaching yoga.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology are essential for teaching Yoga to many different populations, and we will devote large amounts of time to learning the actions, alignment, and structure of each pose. We offer a very experienced faculty with a clear understanding of the body's structure and the mechanics of the poses.
- Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle: Emphasis will be placed on the importance of your own practice, and ways to develop it. The Yoga philosophy component consists of assigned reading and group discussion of traditional Yoga texts and ideas. The Ayurvedic module will look at bringing these teachings into your practice and teaching.
- Practicum is comprised of outside class observations, assisting in Yoga classes, and abundant group time spent practice teaching with feedback from both fellow students and experienced teachers.
- Click on application button for more information.
YOGA FOR YOUR LIFE Yoga Teacher-Training meets at Sacred Waters Spiritual Center, 16990 Douglas Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545; see www.sacredwaterscenter.org. The Yoga studio sits in a lovely natural setting with a pond, waterfall, trees, creek and wildlife; in addition the center offers a full kitchen and plenty of over-night accomodations for out-of-town students for an additional $20 per night. Meeting times are 9-6 Eastern time on Saturday & Sunday; dates are subject to change.
Make-up Policy: Missed class time must be made up hour-for-hour to receive a cetificate of completion. This can be done by attending pre-approved workshops or by scheduling personal time with Kim; both options will incur additional expense which becomes the student's responsibility.